CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

In Remembrance......


Today started out not very good. I got an email from Michael saying that a T-38 went down upon approach. Both the IP and Student Pilot were killed. Automically we starting thinking of all the Men in our Ward that fly. We narrowed it down to two People. Bishop Moon and Brad Funk. I headed out for the day and went to my Dr's appointment and ran a bunch of errands. Michael and I met for lunch and drove past the runway. You could see the tents and the area where the accident had happened. We both prayed that it was not someone that we knew. Boy we were wrong! Our dear friend Brad Funk was the IP (Instructor Pilot). He was a wonderful guy, husband and a wonderful father to his three girls! He will be truly missed. My heart aches so much for his wife Jennifer at this time. I cannot image what she is going through. I would not wish this on my worst enemy at all. This takes me back to 5 years ago when we lost another good friend JD. It brings back all those feelings of wanting to be there for Meredith and helping her anyway we could. Jennifer and Brad were so cute to watch and you could tell that they both were in so much love with one another.
Another thought that comes to my mind is Tyler. She not only a a year ago suffered the great loss of her real dad and then turns around and loses her other dad. Like I said my heart aches so much for their family! I truly don't know what I would do if I ever lost Michael. The one comfort I have is that knowing when the times comes their will be a sweet reunion in heaven for this family!
We love you Jen, Tyler, Sophie, and Addy! Brad you will be truly missed!

0 comments: