CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 25, 2009

Picking Berries

Last Sunday Michael had heard at church there was this place not to far from us that let's you come and pick Strawberries. So Saturday afternoon we headed out to get some fresh berries. It was such a nice day but dark clouds were coming in. This farm is out in Charlie Texas about 30 mintues from our house. It's so quiet and cute out there. Once we got there the kids were so excited. They gave us some little baskets and we headed out. It was so nice and fun. The kids had fun picking the strawberries and trying to find ones that looked funny.
I think the best part of the trip was Sarah. She was walking back and forth between Michael and I picking berries and just running around. At one point she was walking back to me and all of a sudden she is yelling at me. Mommy I stuck! I stuck! My Shoe mommy. I turned around and there she is stuck in a big puddle of MUD! Her poor little shoe is stuck all the way to the top of her shoe. She has her foot out and in the foot. We all just laughed, got her unstuck and went on picking berries.
Not soon after that we started to fill little drops of water. Then a little more. Then BAM! It hit full blown rain! We were not even 50 yards from the little building but by the time we got back to the building we were all drenched and mud everywhere. All over the stroller, shoes, and clothes.

It was so much fun and the strawberries we delicious! We walked away with 6 pds of berries. We defintely had Strawberry Shortcake that night. YUMMY!




0 comments: