This year our Thanksgiving was one to write about and make sure the memory is kept. Our Thanksgiving prepartions started on Monday. I baked pies all day long as we were helping with Thanksgiving baskets that our ward does. I got all those made and headed to bed. Tuseday was much the same getting things ready for the BIG Feast! Wednesday prove to be more of the same with one exception. I was getting ready to bake our pies. Went to turn on the oven and NOTHING! I had been using the stove all day but for some reason the start button wouldn't turn on. So I waited for Michael to come and he took one look and said there was nothing he could do. After tearing the whole stove apart to get to the control panel the whole stove went out. Well at least the whole control panel went out. The first phone we made was to LG and they said the part that we are in need of they are out of and won't be restocked until January.
So that night everything was just quietly put back in the fridge. Good thing I didn't start making the pies. LOL We or should I say I was really upset about the whole thing. Carmen my dear friend offered her house and stove to have Thanksgiving. But we opted to tough it out and maybe put it on the BBQ. By the time we got all this figured out it was time for me to head to work. At work it was a crazy night but an easy night. As we were revealing the Early Birds I happened to notice that in the housewares section they had Roaster Ovens. So I bought one thinking that we could at least have something. LOL So as I left work that night I was still a little upset about it. As I got on the freeway and headed home. I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was traveling and low and behold there was a cop waiting so patiently for me. Once I saw his headlights come on I knew deep down it was for me. So I kindly just pulled over and waited for him. I was so upset that all the feelings just came rushing to the surface and I started to cry. I couldn't find my current insurance card and I was just so frustrated. The dear sweet cop came to my window and asked how my night was. WRONG QUESTION TO ASK! LOL Anyways, told him I was headed home from work. He asked where I worked. Told him it was a bad night and to top it off I can't find my current insurance paper. He took one look and said to me, If everything checks out I will let you off with a warning. Came back from checking everything out and he so kindly said to me, Have a Happy Thanksgiving and slow down. No warning paper or anything. I was so happy!
So it seemed that day couldn't have gotten any worse then I remembered that this past month I took a challenge to be thankful for something everyday. When I woke up that morning, I was thankful for everything that anyone could possible be thankful for. So Michael and I got busy and got that turkey stuffed and put in in the roaster oven thinking dinner will be ready by 6. No problem. Well 6 came and went and the turkey wasn't done. 7 came and went. 8 came and we finally just cut some turkey off and put it in the microwave to eat. We were all starving! Come to find out, when using a roaster oven you dont' need to cover the turkey with tin foil. LOL As we sat around the table enjoying this simple but elegant feast once again I was reminded by my Heavenly Father what I have to be thankful for. A sweet Husband that puts up with so much. 4 wonderful children that bless my life everyday!
This truly was a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving!


0 comments:
Post a Comment