CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today I am Thankful for.......

I had a friend post this on her facebook, But I am going to post it on here.


Let's see how many people can do this. Every day from now until Thanksgiving, think of one thing that you are thankful for and post it as your status. "Today I am thankful for..." The longer you do it, the harder it gets! Now, if you think you can do it then repost this message as your status to invite others to take ......the challenge, then post what YOU are thankful for today.

As a family we have been talking in Family Home Evening about having gratitude and being a serviceable person. What better time of year to think of those things.

But I am going to go back and tell you 10 things I am thankful for. Then tomorrow I will just name one.

1. Good Weather- I have loved the weather lately. It has given me a chance to get out and get my exercise in. Plus it has given me time with my kids to teach them how important exercise is.

2. Hot Water- A few days ago our heating elements went out in our water heater. It was inconvenience but it brought back some memories that I made with my family as we would go camping every year. It just made me realize how grateful I was for the conveniences I have.

3. My Health- A couple of months ago I decided to have a major surgery to help me lose weight. I have struggled with my weight for YEARS! For the time I was in Elementary school till now. Over the years the body was saying enough we are dying in here. So I am glad that I took control of it now before it came to the point I needed 10 different meds to help with all the problems

4. Technology- I am so Thankful for technology and where it has come to today. From communication to TV to medicine.

5. Friends- I am so grateful for all the many friends that I have in my life. They may not know the impact they have on me but I cherish the times that I can talk with or be with them. My friends are a vital part of who I am today. I am so grateful for all their encouraging words they give me everyday!

6. My Husband- Michael has been my rock for so many years. We have been together since 1994. At times it just seems like yesterday that we met and starting dating. It's hard to believe in just a few months we will be celebrating 13 yrs together! Michael stands by me and supports me in everything I do. I couldn't ask for a better husband, best friend, confidant and Father for my children!

7. My Kids- I LOVE MY KIDS! I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for trusting me with 4 sweet spirits from heaven. They bless my life everyday. Each one different in many ways.

8. My Family- This means my extended Family. My Mom and Dad for all they have given me and taught me through out my life. It may not seems some days that I am grateful for you but I am. I am grateful for my Brother and Sisters. They all mean so much to me and I cherish the relationships i have with them. Even though I live far away I know that If I need them they would be here for me.

9. The Gospel- I am thankful for what the gospel does for me and my family. I think without it I would be wandering down some meaning less road. Not knowing that I am a Daughter of the Most High! That to him I mean so much! I am grateful for that knowledge.

0 comments: