CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 19, 2008

12 days of Christmas

As the Christmas Season is fast approaching I can't but help enjoy the songs that only get played this time of year! One of my favorite songs is The Twelve Days of Christmas. Along with this song is many versions of doing acts of kindness to someone without them knowing.

As most people know that the 1st Day of Christmas starts on the 13th of December. Well to our surprise on Saturday night our doorbell rang and there sat a beautifully wrapped gift with a note.

The note said, On the first day of Christmas the partridge flew away, BUT, here are some pears from the tree! In the beautifully wrapped package was 6 pears!

On the Second Day the door bell rang again, there again sat a package containing two chocolate Doves! The note said, Two Turtle Doves (Vegetarian Style)

So as the third day came the kids were getting very excited as to what might come that night. Many thoughts popped into their heads but none of those came. That night we received three cans of cream a chicken soup. The note said, On the Third Day of Christmas....Well, this is all that is left of the Three French Hens!

For the Fourth day WE ALMOST CAUGHT THESE SNEAKY LITTLE ELF'S! We were sitting in the front room watching Biggest Loser when the doorbell rang. Michael dashed to the door to just hear footsteps in the leaves! We just laughed and I bet whoever you are just about had a heart attack or needed to change your underwear when you got home! LOL So there again sat on the porch a gift wrapped in red paper. We unwrapped the gift and to our surprise was a phonebook for addresses and phone numbers. The note said, On the fourth day of Christmas... The four calling birds needed a phonebook to make all their calls.

So as you can see this has been so fun for our family. I can only image the fun these little elf's are having. We have thought about doing this but just never seem to have the time or have thought of it to late. So this brings us to Day 5!

For Day 5 if you know the song is FIVE GOLDEN RINGS! HUM I wonder what they might bring. For most of the nights I haven't been home to hear or see what has been brought until the next morning. So when I came home at 2 am there sat a can of Pineapple Rings on the counter. Attached to the top is the note. I opened the note and this is what it said, On the Fifth day of Christmas... These were the only golden rings I could afford! I laughed so hard I about peed my pants!

Day 6 is Six Geese a laying! What else could be the gift for that day but eggs! I thought for sure that there were would be 6 real eggs in the package. But again to our amazement came 6 plastic eggs with candy in them! Two of them had a special treat! They were oh so yummy! LOL The note read, On the sixth day of Christmas, The six geese a laying flew away, but they left these six eggs!

So this brings us to Day 7! Tune in tomorrow to see what is brought! I think the lyrics for tonight is 7 swans a swimming! This has been so much for our family and truly brought a different spirit to our home this year! We have never had anything done to our family like this and it has been wonderful!

Thanks to whoever you are (especially if you read our blog I hope you see this)

0 comments: