Twelve years ago Michael walked into an office with three other people raised his right hand in front of American Flag and gave oath to protect our country. At that moment I don't think I have ever seen him so proud to have done something.
After saying I Do to the Military life it was off to the Airport to say our last goodbye. It was hard seeing him walk onto that plane. Not knowing the next time I would see him. Could be a few months to several months depending on the career he got.
I remember waiting for that first phone and longing to hear his sweet voice. We were engaged at the time and I will never forget those feelings. Over the course of 5 months we exchanged many letters and phone calls. Then came the day that he came home and we got married. It was a wonderful time.
Twelve years my seem like a lifetime to most people but in Twelve years since Michael joined the Air Force we have been many places and seen many things. We have lived in Arizona, Italy, Texas, Utah, Hondruas (just Michael) and now we are back here in Texas. We have been through many trials and have taken some on full heartly and have enjoyed the challenges we get.
Who knows where the next place will be but it will because the Lord wants us there. Who knows what this year will bring for Michael in the military but one thing that we know for sure is a change of Rank! We (as in the kids and I) are so excited for this day! We ( or should I say I) haven't gotten to punch on his rank since he made Staff. So it will be fun to have the family there to do it!
Congratulations Michael for Twelve wonderful years and here's to hopefully another twelve or more!



1 comments:
Congratulations Michael! Thank goodness the Air Force has such a good example of a righteous man in a leadership role.
Post a Comment