Sunday was just another Sunday. Go to church and come home to eat lunch and then head to take a nap. We were sitting in the front room chatting and the kids were doing the dishes shortly after church and all of a sudden the door bell rings. Samuel can see the front door from the Kitchen and says, "It's Grandpa and Grandma Booth!" We were like no way! So we open the door and SURPRISE!!!! Standing there is My Mom and Dad! We knew they were on vacation in Colorado. But didn't think they would come all this way. We (I) were wishing they would come and visit since we didn't make it home last month.
It has been so nice to have them here and just get to enjoy them! Samuel and Melody love having my Mom and Dad around. They behave better too! LOL
Michael has put my Dad to work and they have been busying putting in a microwave oven above my new stove and then today they decided to work on my pantry! YEAH!!!! I can't wait to have it all done. I have been busy stripping wallpaper out of the bathroom and now it's ready to be mud and taped and painted! Hopefully I can get it done this next week or so. I am hoping this house is in order by the time the baby comes. LOL
Only one downside to my parents visiting us is it never fails that something happens at home. Today my cousin hung himself. It is very sad that someone would take their own life over something that happened in their life. He leaves behind three little children and a wife. We are very sad for my Aunt and Uncle and their family at this time. It really makes you wonder if life is just that bad that you would just give up! Maybe it's my understanding of the gospel, or my love for my family. I can't image not having the opportunity to see my children grow. There's got to be something in ones life to keep fighting for and not just plain give up!
Anyways, It has made me realize that life's problems no matter how big or small are nothing compared to the pain and suffering you cause when you choose to give up. There is a great talk in the Ensign this month. It's actually on Pornography problems but I think we could all apply the principles taught in there to everyday life.
Remember to tell your loved ones that you love them and you cherish them. Put aside the family problems and just move on. It's not worth it! Just stand a little taller and be the bigger person!
Okay I will get off my soap box. Hope everyone is having a great week!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I was happy for you that your family came in (although i think I would panic if my family surprised me :)). But I was sad to hear about your cousin. For our family, this year has been a year to remember how blessed we are and how we can't take for granted the opportunity we have to be together.
Sherrie,
So sorry to hear about your cousin. Hope everything else is going well. Wish we were there...
Post a Comment