Every year around this time the Fair comes to town! The Local Lions Club is in charge of running the Fair every year. They also support the 366th Squardon on Base. Every Year they ask for Volunteers to help out with maintaining secruity and just walking around and making sure people are behaving. LOL
Last Night was the night Michael volunteered to go and help. Which worked out perfect since I had that night off from work so we all went to the Fair. The best thing about going last night was the kids had free tickets to go with a paid adult, Michael got in, Sarah was free and so in the end we paid just for me. WOOOHOO! Couldn't ask for more right?
So we headed inside to see all the fun stuff. Now you have to remember that I am use to going to my hometown fair and there being TONS of entries for everything! I am so sad to report that there was hardly any entries for things. The entries took up one corner of the Big Ballroom. It was very sad but hopefully with years to come it will get bigger and people will enter things into it. So after looking at the arts and crafts and stuff we walked around all the booths. Not much for sale that I would pay that price for. LOL As we were walking around Michael found us and he got to spend the night with us. So happy about that one! So after touring the inside buildings the kids were about to die they wanted the rides and the rides only! LOL
So out the door we went! It was wrist band night so we got them wrist bands which paid off in the long run! Samuel and Melody were so excited this year because they were tall enough to ride all the rides. These two rode every adult ride they could! It was so fun to watch them in delite run to the next ride. Stand there all proud to be tall enough to ride that ride. They had so much fun! As the night wore on, we were standing in line for this one ride, It's called the FIREBALL! It's just a big lop. The cars are all hooked together and the end cars look outwards. As we were standing there in line I kept asking Melody if she really wanted to go on this ride. Her Reply, "YES, Mom, I want to ride this ride. It looks so much fun". Okay so this ride puts you upside down and you hang there for a few seconds before they bring you down! ME there is NO WAY I would go on this ride. It was their turn and what car do they pick! The very last one or the first one! LOL Anyways, I wish in the pictures I took you could see these two faces! I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants! Those too were so brave but boy there were scared!
Poor Melody came running after the ride was over and just hugged me. I asked if she was okay and she was shaking so hard! I think she learned a good lesson there! Sometimes it's okay to be brave and not go on a ride you think might be scary! LOL Or maybe not! LOL
Anways, the kids had a blast and we were all pooped by the time we got home. Sarah had fun watching the kids go on the rides. Michael took her over to see the animals. Everyone of them were puppies! It was so cute to watch her face in delite! Next year maybe she will be able to ride some of the kiddy rides.



3 comments:
Wow, I can't believe how big Samuel is! He is growing right up into a handsome young man! And Sherrie, you look great! Can't wait to see that little punkin you're growin.
Jess
I LOVE fairs! We go to our little Papillion Days fair every year and I still want more. Hopefully, next year we will make it to our county or state fair. I enjoy the food, and booths and my kids enjoy the rides. Lots of fun!
Glad you guys had fun!! I had to tell you that I like your new header quote. I always use that line with my kids when they're being whiny and they look at me like i'm crazy.
Post a Comment