CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 60

Today was back to school day.  YEAH! I have never understood why we start school and then just have a 3 day weekend. But hey it's all good because we were able to get somethings done around here. 

We have been waiting all day for the rain to come from Tropical Storm Hermine.  It's been really cloudy out there and muggy.  Tonight at football practice it was great. There was a breeze and then at the end of practice there was  a rainbow. We have been seeing quite a few of them lately.  The other day there was one and it was the brightest one I have seen in awhile.  The kids all love it!

Today I started cleaning my room since that was the only room that didn't get done over the weekend.  Got a little bit done on it.  That's what I am doing tomorrow as well. Gotta go through the clothes boxes for the girls and see what there is.  Gotta see how much fall clothes I have.

I really can't wait for Friday to come! I am so excited about something that I can't wait.  I just hope it happens and everything goes smoothly.  I will relay what that is later down the road. I am trying not to get my hopes up but yet I can't help be excited.

Funny stories about the kids.

Samuel conversation with Michael tonight-

Samuel: Hey Dad, there's this dance on Friday, Can I go?
Michael: "Who you going with?" 
Samuel- Well I was thinking of taking Cameron
Michael- You realize if you take Cameron you are taking her on a date?
Samuel- OH
Michael- Maybe you should say to her, I am going to the dance on Friday are you going?
Samuel- Ok oh that sounds better

This kid cracks me up! He all of a sudden is wondering how he looks and if he smells good and he is more aware of himself.  I think Middle school is going to be good for him.

Sarah's conversation with Michael

Michael- How as school?
Sarah- It was fun
Michael- What did you have for breakfast?
Sarah- I got in trouble today
Michael- At school?
Sarah- yes, For hitting
Michael- Oh really why did you hit?
Sarah- Because Savannah said, Sarah hit me.  Then Ms. Jennifer told me to go sit by the door.
Michael- It's not nice to hit is it.  Why did you hit her?
Sarah- because she is not my friend
Michael- why is she not your friend?
Sarah- because
Michael- Well maybe you should make her your friend
Sarah- Well Corbin, Bailey, Amber and she names everyone but Savannah are her friends
Michael- Maybe she just wants to be your friend
Sarah- thinks for a few minutes,  I had fruit loops for breakfast Dad!
Michael- Fruit loops again? You must like them.
Sarah- I think I will make Savannah my friend!

I was laughing so hard listening to her talk with him.  It was so funny!  She is such a character!
I am so glad that the kids get to chat with Michael and make him about of their day.

0 comments: