I was headed to work the other night and the new Carrie Underwood song came on. Just a dream. As I was listening to the lyrics of this song, my thoughts quickly turned to two of my friends that have experienced this tragic lost. This unexpected lost of their loved one and their lives will be forever changed. As well as our lives have changed with them.
5 yrs ago we lost a good friend JD to a unexpected crash of his helicopter in Kuwait. JD was so funny and could make you laugh and smile no matter what. Michael and I both have such great memories of him and his family. Meredith and her girls hold such a special place in our hearts and always will. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about them and how they are doing. It was such great news to hear that Meredith recently got married. She shared her photos with us on a group that I am on and it was so wonderful to see her smiling and full of life again.
Just recently as most of you know we experienced that great lost again. Only a short 5 months ago we lost another friend to a plane crash here at Sheppard. Brad was just like JD! Full of life and spunk! Michael and I always watched Jennifer and Him and noticed how much in love they were! It was so neat to see them as a family and how much they cared for each other. We enjoyed getting to know them and will cherish those memories everyday as well! There is not a day that goes by that I think of Jen and her girls!
I can only image how these two wonderful woman go through each day! This song every time I hear it just brings me to tears and I think of Meredith and Jen! They each lost their loves of a lifetime. But someday, when they return to their Father in Heaven there will be a great reunion for them and one can only anticipate that day.
Jen and Meredith if you happen to read this, know that I love each of you dearly! I will always cherish our moments of friendship that we had when we were together! Always remember that no matter what, We all LOVE you!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have such a big heart. I know when you right that for your friends, you really mean it. I am grateful for the gospel for some perspective. It's so hard to see tragedy strike families, and I just have to trust in the mercy and justice promised to us.
I love reading your blog and how you shared waht you are REALLY feeling. it always helps me!!!
You know what is odd? I have that CD, have had it for months now and never really listened to that song until this week! I don't get radio here, so I listen to CDs a lot! Anywho, I heard it today and thought of Jen and emailing her...small world. No coincidences, right? Guess I better go email her...
I love that song. Every time I hear it, I tear up.
Post a Comment