CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Laurel Elizabeth Brimhall

This morning at 8:41 little Laurel Elizabeth came into this world at 7lbs 3oz and 21". The moment was beautiful. It was one of those moments that will be etched in my heart forever. I was overcome with joy. She is beautiful; she has a full head of black hair and Sherrie's eyes.

Well, since it was a long night, I left Sherrie and Laurel in the capable hands of the hospital staff and went home to get a little sleep around 11. Then around 5:30 I brought the kids in to see their little sister and mom. Sarah is such a sweet little soul. It didn't take her very long to learn how to say Laurel. She was holding Laurel just about as fast as she could say her name. She didn't want to let her go. It was great to see such love and joy coming from such a little person.

Samuel and Melody were also excited to have a new sister. Samuel wasn't as upset as when Sarah turned out to be a girl and not a boy. He's dealing fairly well with being the alternate man of the house. Melody is ...well, she's Melody...she wants to help so bad and is trying so hard that it seems a little overbearing (she can be somewhat of a mother hen). One of these years (MANY years from now) she'll be a wonderful mother. She is such a compassionate and caring person.

Sherrie is doing well. She looks great. I cannot express in words the love I have for her. I am so grateful for her. I can truly attest that I have been blessed in this lifetime more than I've deserved.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel is most definitely beautiful!

And you're right, Sherrie looks great! There was definitely a glow about her that I have not seen in a long time. Yesterday would not get here soon enough for her! lol

CONGRATULATIONS BRIMHALL FAMILY!

You're beautiful!

Marci said...

What a beautiful name. Congrats!

LuckyDogs said...

Congratulations to all of you! I'm so happy to hear everything went okay. We can't wait to see pictures, I'm sure that baby girl is gorgeous.

Jenn said...

Congratulations Brimhalls! I'm so excited for your family. So glad everything went well and that both mommy and baby are healthy. Laurel is such a beautiful name - can't wait to see what she looks like.

Thompson Family said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your new beautiful baby girl! Glad to hear that everything went well!
Brittany

Kimmy-Kins said...

I LOVE the name!! Was that one of the votes? I remember Elizabeth but nor Laurel. I'm floored it's a girl ... thought for sure it was a boy. Maybe I was hoping for Samuel. I'm glad she finally came and all is well. Can't wait to see pictures!! Kim

26th Ward Young Women said...

How exciting! I have been checking up on you guys frequently to see if baby Brimhall had arrived. Laurel is a very beautiful name. Congratulations!

Nelli said...

CONGRATS, Brimhall Family!!! We're so HAPPY for you all! Can't wait to see pictures of everyone. :o)
Love,

The Mangels

Teresa said...

Congratulation, we are so excited, I wish I could be there, I don't have any babies to hold here!! I love the name, Laurel is one of my favorites. Take care and I can't wait to see pictures!

Jen said...

It is so cool to hear the news from the proud Daddy! I love to read what you write Michael. Congratulations! Take care of yourself Sherrie.
From the Deckers

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! I am so happy for you all!

Leslee said...

Congratulations! Sherrie. What a wonderful addition to your family. I love her name.
Big hugs!
Leslee Barrow

Anonymous said...

Sherrie,
Congratulations to you and your family! Laurel is BEAUTIFUL! So glad everyone is doing well.

Many Blessings,
Gena Glover

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Little Laurel is beautiful. I really did think you were having a boy but what do I know. Nada. LOL
Take care you have such a wonderful family.
HUGS!

The Todd Family said...

I'm very late, but congratulations! We're so happy for you guys!!!