CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thanks Everyone!

Thank you to all of you that emailed, posted or called. We appreciate all your warm welcomes and congratulations.

I finally have a free mintue to post to you all. I know Michael posted for me which I am totally grateful for! He is so wonderful I don't know what I would do without him. He is my back bone and I could never do what I do without him behind me. My love for him grows everyday. I thought I could never love him more than the day we kneeled acrossed the altar.

Anyways, Like I had last posted I went in Tuseday night at 5 pm. They wanted me there at 4:30 but there was just no way. So they said as long as we got there before 5 we were okay. So off we went! We dropped the kids off at our GREAT and WONDERFUL, don't know how we are ever going to repay them friends house! We got to the hospital and I had been all day having contrations but when they checked me I was still a BIG FAT ZERO! A little after 6 they came in and put the medicine in and I was on bedrest for two hours. After two hours the nurse came back in and we were at a three! Contrations still were 10 mintues apart and not getting strong at all. Two hours later she came in and upon the request of my Dr checked me again and I was only a 4. UGH!!! So at this point the medicine came out and they don't like to put it back in so I was on my own. I thought for sure that I was going to have Laurel before Midnight. Midnight came and went and through out the night they checked me every two hours and slowly I progressed. At 5 am I was a 5 and still my contractions were far apart. So at the change of the nurses, she checked me and I was a 6-7. I told her if he would come and break my water we would have baby soon. By this time my contractions were getting closer and harder. So I gave in and got some medicine. No I didn't get and epidural. Too chicken! LOL Anyways, she gave me a little pitocin and things really picked up. She came in a little after 8 and up the pitocin and boy did things go really fast. After she did that I felt like I had to push. Luckily Dr. Olaya was already there and they came running. So they hurried and got things ready and he broke my water and soon after that Laurel arrived!

At first I couldn't see her and was looking to Michael to see what his reaction was and then Michael said to me It's a girl! I started to cry and they showed her to me and she was just Beautiful! She was so pretty and all I could really see was her black hair.

After awhile they let me hold her and it was at that moment I knew I was in Love! She is so precious just as the rest of my children are! It's so true that each of them hold a special place in my heart. It's hard to believe that she is our last but I am okay with that. I have known for a long time that this one was going to be our last.

Thanks again to all that have emailed, posted on here, called, came by, brought dinners! It means so much to us.

I have had a hard time these last months letting people say that they were going to do things for us, Because that is my calling to arrange all this! But in the days leading up to Laurel's arrival the Lord showed me that I needed to let this be and just be grateful for the Ward family that we have here. Don't get me wrong, I was totaly already grateful for our Ward Family, but I am one that doesn't really like people to do things for me. I am fully capable of doing it and taking care of my family so it takes a lot for me to let people do this. But I am truly grateful for the kindness and friendships that I have here. The Lord has taught me a valueable lesson in the last few days! To which I am very grateful!

Thanks again, I will post some new pictures soon!

2 comments:

Jen said...

She is so cute guys! Glad everything went well. Congratulations!

The Todd Family said...

I'm glad everything went well! I can't imagine the anticipation of finding out if she was a boy or girl! I know some people choose to wait, but I can't imagine how hard it would be wanting to know in advance, then not finding out until she was born! Congratulations.