CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprise time

The whole reason for us going to Utah was for our new little niece Isabelle Maelynn! She was being blessed on the 19th. Her Daddy and Mommy thought that we weren't going to be able to make it at all due to Michael's work schedule. We thought we weren't going to be able to go either. But things worked out in the end and it was a great two weeks!

Once we got back from Vegas Michael realized that he only packed 2 shirts. So off we went to Wal-mart.

Let me stop here and give everyone a WARNING! If you are in town and planning on surprising your family. DON'T GO TO WALMART!

Okay back to the story. So we are in Walmart looking at the great selection of LDS reading materials in the center isle. (Gotta Love Utah for this) I walk around one side and look down the isle and what to my surprise, MY SISTER IN LAW IS STANDING RIGHT THERE! So I totally freak and told Michael we need to leave. Let's just hurry and get our things and get out of dodge. LOL Michael on the other hand says it's fine we will just dodge them. So we hurry to the other side of the store hoping they will leave and then we can continue on shopping.

So while we waited Michael and I are hit the sporting area and at the end of the isle is a couple of Walmart workers and a cop. I turn to Michael and say, " Michael we need to leave before we get caught!" BIG MISTAKE TO SAY IN WALMART! So we continue on our way and slowly walk past the area where my sister in law is and her mom and the kids. Michael decides to go first. He slowly walks by and as he walks by my sister in law looks up and is staring at him. Then I decided to just go for it. I hurry by in hopes that she does see us. WELL....... She saw us and starts running down the isle yelling YOU TOO GET BACK HERE!!!! People are looking at us wondering what is going on! All I can say is that it was worth the look on her face! I was so happy to see her. So we talked for awhile concluded that my BIL had no clue and decided that we would go and see them that night. We had actually planned to go down that night anyways to surprise them. We say goodbye and continue shopping. Remember me saying, "That we need to leave before we get caught." Well we had Walmart employees following us around the store for the reminder of the time in Walmart. Also the cop was following us too. He followed us to the checkout. LOL. Lesson learned, NEVER SAY LET'S GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE WE GET CAUGHT IN WALMART! Michael and I just laughed it off but it was a little erie at first. LOL

We had a great time with Michael's Brother Jason and Krista! It was so wonderful to be home with them and spend time with them. Isabelle's blessing was so beautiful! Her daddy did a great job. We also got to be home to see their oldest son receive the priesthood and be ordained to the office of Deacon. It sure brought a shock on me to think that Samuel will be doing that same thing in just over a year. Time sure flies!

Here is a cute little picture of Isabelle. (hope Mom and Dad dont' mind!)

1 comments:

Jenn said...

What a fun trip for your family. I can't believe it had been 2 years since your last visit. You got to see a lot of fun things on the way! Love the haircuts.