CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 43

Saturday brought 6th Grade orientation. 6th Grade here is in Middle school. It's hard to believe that Samuel is going into 6th Grade. We had a rotation that took us to the Band Hall, Cafertia, Library, and Auditourm. They do something totally different than any school I know. They give the kids a set of books for home and then have books that stay in the classrooms. To me that seem so much nicer than having to lug around a backpack and then if you forgot your book you were toast. So I am happy about that. Samuel has a pretty good schedule and I think he is really excited but yet nervous.



Saturday also brought our first football game of the season. We played Holliday. It was a really good game especially with the heat at 106. Samuel got to call the coin and then he played for a few minutes getting close to a couple of sacks. I think the kids have first game jitters. But hopefully next week they won't. The score was 14-7.



Saturday my friend Terri threw a surprise birthday party for my friend Susie. She was surprised! It was fun to hang out and play games and just get away from the kids for awhile. I actually left the kids here by themselves and they did awesome. I didn't get one phone call. Had me worried a little. But when I got home they were great just watching movies.

0 comments: