CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 8

 A few years ago we upgraded out bed to a King size bed.  It's been wonderful. Until you sleep in it alone.  Oh wait I don't I have. LOL  Having two toddlers climb in your bed.  They can't stand to be by each other so you are in the middle.  One kicking your back and kidneys. The other kicking your stomach makes for a not so restful night. LOL

All the kids are not feeling so well tonight. Laurel is still coughing, Sarah has a running nose, cough and says her ear hurts, Samuel is coughing as well.  The only one that doesn't seem to be coughing or anything is Mel.  I pray that she doesn't get it as well.  Taking Sarah to the Dr tomorrow. Hopefully we can get her some meds and get her on the mend as well.

Went to the gym this morning and rode the bike for 47 minutes.  You can tell when Laurel doesnt' feel well either.  All she wants lately is to be held.  So I will probably be taking her to the Dr again if she doesn't perk back up soon.   After hitting the gym I picked Sarah up from school and we went grocery shopping.  It's so funny every time we go to Sam's Sarah has to see Tarzan's house. Which is the playground they have in their.   After hitting Sam's, we hit the commissary. The girls were troopers!  Sarah at one point said Mom are we done. I am tired. I want to go home and go to sleep in your bed. LOL

Came home to hurry and unload the groceries so we could help to Mel's award ceremony. She was right she was tired.  Little stinker fell asleep! So we missed Mel's awards.  But she got one for being in the Spelling Bee, one for perfect attendance and one for having a 85 or higher.  She is really working hard on getting those grades up. I think he lowest grade was Reading again and it was a 87. Everything else was in the 90's.

After school Sarah, Laurel and I read book after book after book.  It so fun to see their love for books is growing.  And which ones they like. LOL  

Mel had cheer practice and she got to be cheer captain for the week.  Dont' know if I told you or not but they choose players of the weeks each week. Samuel was for last week. I don't know if her being the cheer captain means she will be on the spotlight or not.  She was super excited!

Had a very nice phone call tonight.  Brought me to tears again.  I remember last week while saying to good all the people around us.  There was this older gentleman sitting  off to one side.  He was wearing business attire.  I remember him getting up and walking to the gate as Michael and the Group Commander walked to the gate.  I know the Commander said something to the effect It's always harder on the families when their loved ones deploy.  Anyways, this gentleman introduced himself to Michael. He works here in Wichita Falls.  Told Michael that If I ever need anything just to let him know.  Well he called to night.  Said We have been on his mind all week.  He said that as he was sitting there watching us he just felt this Lord tell him that I needed his help.  He said, I am not sure what I can do for you but just wanted you to know.  He said that he told Michael about the First Baptist Church and Michael mentioned that the kids were playing upwards sports there.  So he called their church and put our names on their prayer list.  We can use all the prayers we can get.  So many of our Service Men and Women are in harms way everyday doing the job they love!
This gentleman was very nice.  The Holy Ghost testified to me that I am in the place that I need to be at.

I am so grateful to all my friends where ever they may be at!  You have no clue how much you have helped me get through this week! Thank you!

0 comments: