Day 159
I was so beat by the time that I got around to posting that I just went to bed. Yesterday was hard, sad, long, but enjoyable day. It all started at 3 am. Laurel has been sick adn woke up crying and not feeling all that great. So she climbed in bed with and Sarah. Around 6ish Michael calls and I get to chat with him. Which I love more than anything. After he called we all went back to sleep till 9am. LOL Finally got up and started to get everyone moving.
My Mom called around 10 to let me know that My Sisters In Laws Brother had past away. It was very hard to take because I knew Nathan. He was a good person. Just too young to return to our Heavenly Father. He leaved behind a wife and two little girls. I feel so bad for my Sister in Law Marianne and her family. I wish I could be there but just know I am in spirit.
At these times I do wish I lived closer to family. I have been really missing my family lately and that last couple of days has made it hard.
We had a basketball game at noon. Samuel's team lost by 1 point. He did really great! He almost had a basket but I think they put scran wrap over the basket. LOL Melody was Cheer Captain and Team mate of the week for her team. She did a great job with it. They both are enjoying it very much. I actually took Sarah and Laurel alogn with me and they played with a good friend of mines's little girls. It was nice for me and them. LOL
After the game Samuel was invited to a Birthday party for our friends one son. He got to go to Lucy Park and shoot air guns and have a war with that. He said he had a blast. He got home just in time for us to head out the door for Give Parents a Break. I dropped them off at the Youth Center and Child Development Center and went and enjoyed a couple of hours by myself. It was so nice. I went by Office Depot to check out some storage containers for scrapbooking supplies. Then I headed to see Tangled in 3D! I had a free ticket so I treated myself. LOL We took the kids to the regular one while Michael was here. I will say this, It's MUCH BETTER IN 3D! You leave the glasses on the whole time! I hate the movies where you take them off here and there. But this one was great! After the movie ended up going to Target to look at somethings. While I was there they had their Leapster games on Sale. So I picked up a game for Sarah's Birthday. I got it for $15. It was on sale for $20 and then I had a $5.00 off coupon! Gotta love stuff like that.
After I hit Target, It was time to pick up the kids. Got home and chatted with Michael and my Mom. By that time it was almost midnight. So That's why there wasn't a post yesterday. LOL
So there is Day 159.
Here is Day 160!
Woke up to more sick kids! Samuel has a headache. Think his is sinus. I love the fact that he is 12 and can take normal medicine now. LOL Gave him some sinus meds and he seems to be doing much better. Melody has a cough now, sore throat, and is talking very funny. Laurel is still sick with a cough, runny nose and now I think she has pink eye! So I made those three stay home from church. Sarah and I went to church. Very glad that I did go. I would have missed out on the Pentzers awesome talks on the Priesthood. You honestly don't know how important the Priesthood is until it's not in your home anymore or they are away in times of need, Or just for the comfort factor.
I consider myself a strong person and I know many of you tell me I am a really strong person but somedays, Like today you just really wonder how much a strong person can take and deal with. But that's when you fall to your knees and ask your Heavenly Father to give you the pick up your need. I honestly don't know how I do it somedays. Especially on days like today. But you look at today and move on to tomorrow.
Church was a great uplifting engery that I needed. I cling to those moments when I can refill my oil reserve. Lately I feel it's been a little low but that's what's great about Sundays.
After Church we went to Devon's Eagle Court of Honor. What a wonderful presentation it was. I think it makes Samuel all the more excited to earn his. He is getting there but still a ways away. But we will get him there.
Came home after church and didn't really do anything put watch movies with the kids, fix dinner and then sent the kids to bed early! Yes I said Early. They have been having a hard time getting up for prayer and scriptures in the morning so we shall see how tomorrow goes. They all have been asleep since 8:30. Oh how I love the peace and quiet. Don't get me wrong I love my kids and love being with them, but when you are with them all the time, those quiet moments are very sweet because they are rare. LOL
Looked into buying tickets to go home for a visit. Boy why does it cost so much to fly! OH well Summer will be here before I know it and we will be enjoying it with family I hope.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment