For warn you this might be long. It was just that kinda of week!
Day 11
Tuesday started out great. Ran the kids into the base so they could practice for Missoula. When upon arriving to the Community Center things went down hill from there. The Community Center has now put in place a rule that any child under the age of 14 cannot stay there by themselves alone. NOT EVEN with the people from the Missoula Theater. CRAZY! Well long story short, many calls to Bosses, First Shirts, Commanders, the problem was resolved. The Youth Center was so awesome and took our kids into their charge. It was so wonderful and I am so thankful to them. Unfortunately I think the Community Center just lost one of the best things that comes to them. I sure hope so anyways.
Anyways, after getting that mess taken care of and meeting Samuel's friend mom I headed home for the afternoon. Met with my Lap band Dr to have some fluid removed because my band was to tight and causing me to vomit every time I ate. After getting that taken care of headed home to fed the kids. OH YEAH the computer died again that day so I took it back to the people that fixed before hand. After getting home and getting the kids home, we were sitting down to dinner, I had strapped Laurel into her chair at the table and I was dishing up plates when Laurel decided to push her chair away from the table. Her chair caught and sent her flying backwards. Laurel's head smacked into the tile. She was screaming and crying. It was like it was in slow motion from this point until the EMT'S came. I ran over and unbuckled her and picked her up. Started to exam her. She proceed to stop crying and get really sleep. So I quickly called Michael and he told me to call the nurse help line to approve me to go to the ER. As I was on the phone with the nurse Laurel proceeded to pass out on me. She would not wake up for what it seemed like 5 minutes. Samuel ran across the street to get my neighbor Robyn. The nurse told me to hang up and call 911. The EMT's arrived shortly after that. As they were walking in Laurel came to FINALLY! She was crying and seemed a little disoriented but was good. Unfortunately the ambulance had to come from Wichita Falls so that's 15 minutes. They proceed to take her in by ambulance. Once we arrived there they did a CT scan and everything checked out. The Dr said she indeed had a concussion. Just to watch her for the next few days. Especially the next 24 hrs. I was to wake her up every hour and just make sure she wakes up. It was the longest night of my life. I am so grateful to my neighbors. They just step in and took the kids for me and kept them until we got home. Then they came and checked on us all week to make sure Laurel was okay.
Day 12
Wednesday was little better. Dropped Samuel and Melody off again for practice. They were so excited about this and was loving it everyday. Samuel and his friend Jacob have been hanging and planning days for them to play and sleep over. After dropping Samuel and Melody off I had to take Laurel to the Dr. on base. You know when you have been to the Dr too much lately when you walk in and they ask how your child is doing by name and tell you to just have a seat and not worry about showing your ID. That tells you your kids need to calm down. LOL All things checked out and she told me to watch her for the next few days. The kids went to Jacob's house after Play practice which was a nice break because the girls and I took a nap. That evening went more smoothly then the night before.
Day 13
Pretty much the same. Dropped the kids off for play practice and went and got the computer as well. Plugged the computer in and it worked great. Our video card went out, plus one of our hard drives went bad too. Good thing we had another slot of out computer monitor to plug in and our computer came with 2 hard drives. Not much that I can remember happened. I think Thursday was pretty calm compared to the previous days.
Day 14
Today the kids had dress rehearsal and performed for the first time. The play was called Beauty Lou and the Country Beast. I will be posting a separate one with pictures about this. It was so cute. Samuel and Melody did a wonderful job as well did all the kids. They had tons of fun. Afterwards I took them out for ice cream and then headed home to relieve the babysitter. Thanks to Annie for helping me out in short notice. The kids loved her. We just might have to have her come again. Oh Yeah the computer died again!
Day 15
Called the Computer guys again about the computer and they said to bring it back in. We had the great opportunity to clean the church that morning. As we were cleaning I asked the kids this question, I wonder how Heavenly Father feels about us killing the bugs that come into his building? We just all kinda of laughed. But I wondered! LOL
After cleaning the church we headed home and got ready to go. Dropped the computer off and they said that they could have it fixed before 2. Ran the kids to the base since they had to be there at 1:30 for the show. Ran back to the computer place and the little girls were asleep. So I turned off the car, took off my remote, put the keys back in and wouldn't you know it the car wouldn't start. It did this awhile back and it was just some relays that came loose. So I rolled the windows down, ran in and got the computer. Called Michael in tears and told him to tell me what to do. Opened the hood and then started looking for what he was talking about. The owner of the store saw me and came over to help. He noticed that the cables to the battery were loose. So he tightened them, we pushed the car back, jumped it and it started. By this time I was fit to be tied! I was all over of strength! Talking to Michael did no good and I was just done! I had had enough. If I had the money or time I would have just picked the kids up, gone home, packed the car and headed for Utah. But unfortunately I don't have the time or the money to do such a thing. But maybe soon I can.
After dealing with the car I headed back to the base and got there just in time for the play. I took the little girls with me and they loved it!~ Sarah really loved it. The kids did a great job again. After the play we just came home and got busy cleaning the house and mowing lawns and getting ready for Sunday. We finally got to chat with Michael on the computer which we all had missed and loved seeing him.
I am truly glad this week has come and gone. May this next week be so much calmer!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment