CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 5

Today was a great day because the temper tantrums being thrown in the middle of Walmart and Best Buy. Gotta love 3yr old.  NOT!

The best news of the day was the fact that we just paid off our Tahoe! Oh what a wonderful feeling that is to pay that debt off.  Now onto paying off all the other debt as well. It will be so nice to finally be debt free.

Had to take Sarah to the Dr this morning. She has this rash all over her back. They think it's just heat rash. I sure hope that is what it is.  Also got her some allergy meds as well. My poor kids are following in my footsteps.  I think I might have them allergy tested and see what they are allergic too. They might just have to follow my footsteps in getting shots every week.  My shots are getting better but at first it was rough. But now it's pretty easy. A shot in each arm and I am good to go.  So far I haven't had any sinus infections, runny noses or anything like that. Which that is great for me!

While out and about today we were in search of a web cam and microphone so that we could chat with Michael.  We have been able to see him but he hasn't been able to see us.  While I was out searching my dear friend Carmen came to the rescue!  She had the one that I was looking at. Which I was going to pay $40.00 for. She was just going to give it to Good Will!  I ran over to her house and she was so kind to give it to us for free.  THANKS CARMEN!  In the meantime of us talking I was out shopping and ended up picking up a microphone.  Good thing is I can take that back since the web cam has one.  YIPPEE!!

After stopping by Carmen's we headed to the library since it's Reading Club day.  It was the 911 show!  They showed a movie about what kinda of phones you can use and when to call them.  They also talked about this phone called a Kid Phone!  This phone is like a Go phone or Tracker phone. Cost about $10.00 a month.  They can only call Mom, Dad or 911.  I might look into getting one just for emergencies.  After the movie they had a police car and firetruck out back for the kids to see.  The firetruck hosed the police car! The kids loved it.  Of course I forgot my camera!  I thought we would be home in between but we didn't make it.
Once we finally made it home I got to work on trying out the new web cam.  2 hours later we finally got it to work through Skype!  I think Skype is going to be our new best friend.  I think for Christmas our families are going to get web cams so we can chat that way!  I think the kids would LOVE IT!  Especially after seeing how they reacted with Michael.  It was great to get to see and chat with Michael. The kids loved it especially Laurel!  She was waving and saying Hi Daddy!  Kissing the computer screen and telling him love you.  Which she does by putting her hand on your mouth like you are giving it a kiss. It was so cute!  

I love Modern technology. We were able to chat as a family and then even have family prayer with Michael. 







Just knowing my kids can see and chat with their Dad make my day all that sweet! 
This picture is worth a million words!

Samuel was having hard time today. I think it finally hit him.  He broken down into tears while we were talking with Michael. At one point he left the room and went to his room. I went and asked him what was wrong and he just started to cry and said I miss him Mom.  What do you say? All I could say was I miss him too.  He came back and chatted for a bit more with his Dad.  After we were done chatting with Michael I had Laurel put to bed and Sarah was on her way. Mel was on the computer email Michael so I took the opportunity. Samuel and I snuck out of the house and I treated him to an ice cream cone from Braum's.  Poor Kid is in a house full of GIRLS! 
If we can make it through this week than I know we can make it the rest of the time.  

1 comments:

Meek House of Insanity said...

Don't know if it is just because I am a boob...reading all your posts at once or what...you've got my water running again! Samuel is so sweet. You will make it through this! And Samuel will grow so much from it. He won't be able to help it. He is just at the age where he is getting so big and so responsible anyway, and add to that...he is the man of the house now. Good job with him Sherrie! You are my hero!